9.12.14 Boards letter.pdf
Size : 626.971 Kb
Type : pdf
"Institutional racism in Germany is 'as bad as the Stephen Lawrence case' "
Letter delivered to the German Embassy London 28 May 2014
Letter to the Chancellor Angela Merkel Of the Federal Republic of Germany May 2014
Dear Chancellor Merkel
Your post war predecessors and you have earned a reputation for claiming to have strengthened Germany’s status as a democratic nation, and one which values human rights and justice. It is my sad duty to inform you that your claims seem hollow, and little more than public relation exercises. I draw your attention to the miscarriage of justice concerning the death of my son Jeremiah Duggan, in extremely suspicious circumstances in Wiesbaden, in 2003.
Jeremiah was a British student in Paris, at the British Institute and the Sorbonne, when he was persuaded to attend a ‘Peace Conference’ in Germany. He soon discovered that he was amongst Right Wing extremists - followers of Lyndon LaRouche, a convicted criminal, whose message was that it was the British and their ‘agents’, the Jews, who were fomenting the war in Iraq, to bring about world destruction.
At 5:25 am on March 27, 2003, Jeremiah phoned me from Wiesbaden, begging to be saved, saying he was in danger of his life from members of the LaRouche Group. Within the hour his dead body was found beside the road, close to the LaRouche offices.
The Wiesbaden authorities, led by police investigator Inspector Schächer, decided there and then that Jeremiah’s death was suicide, and that they did not have to investigate. They declared they were not concerned with the circumstances surrounding the death. As a result, I have found myself in the impossible position of being a mother having to investigate the death of my own son.
I have evidence that the LaRouche group stated that Jeremiah was ‘an enemy’, who ‘deserved to die’, and that immediately prior to his death he had been in the offices of the LaRouche Organization, and that he had been attacked and chased.
In spite of compelling expert evidence uncovered, contradicting the police findings, and in a chilling echo of the Hessen department of the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz, who failed to investigate the horrendous Döner-Morde or “Kebab Killings”, the Wiesbaden authorities have refused to properly investigate Jeremiah’s death. I have seen how the Wiesbaden Prosecution service and the Wiesbaden Police Dept. have manipulated the judicial system to prevent a proper investigation.
Over eleven years they have:
- spread false and misleading information
- covered up and destroyed crucial evidence
- hidden the identities of people suspected of harming Jeremiah
- attempted to bury the case in delay, obstruction and falsehoods
In December 2012 the Higher Court in Hessen (OLG) gave a verdict that Wiesbaden Police Dept. had failed in their duties to properly investigate. The OLG verdict stipulated:
- that the police should act with urgency to set up Mutual Aid to get the people in France who were last with Jeremiah investigated
- that the circumstances leading to Jeremiah’s death should be independently and thoroughly investigated
- that the real possibility of collective harming by the LaRouche organization should be independently and thoroughly investigated
Seventeen months on, my lawyers have been forced to register a complaint because of their continued obstruction. It is only the third time in the last 60 years of the history of the Federal Republic that such a ruling by a German court has been handed down. Therefore it is even more shocking that the Wiesbaden authorities continue to flagrantly ignore the court.
A measure of the integrity of a state is in how far it brings to justice its own agents of authority. If Germany wishes to demonstrate to the world that it is a just and non racist country, it is now that it must abide by its own and international codes of conduct, justice and law.
I ACCUSE Chancellor ANGELA MERKEL
of presiding over
- an administration which shields those who corrupt their offices of state
- an administration which connives at the abuse of power by police and prosecutors, in that there is no workable provision for an independent investigation of the police and prosecutors themselves
- an administration which tolerates institutional racism
I accuse Chief Prosecutor Andreas Winkelmann of
- deceiving my lawyers into believing that he would abide by the December 2012 decision of the Oberlandsgericht (Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt) that the case should be opened, and that a fully independent investigation be carried out
- allowing the re-appointment of Inspector Schächer, the very officer who in the first instance, had lied, destroyed and covered up evidence, and blocked a proper investigation.
I accuse Chief Prosecutor ANDREAS WINKELMANN in that
- he gave a false undertaking that if we dropped our complaint against Pros. Schick-Jensen, that she (Pros. Schick-Jensen) would no longer deal with the case
- he reneged on this undertaking, in spite of having been informed by our lawyers that this was the very Prosecutor who admitted to us that she closed the case without reading the files
- in contempt of the ruling of the court, he allowed the appointment of the same Police officer, Inspector Schächer, to conduct yet another deeply flawed and corrupt ‘investigation’.
I ACCUSE PROSECUTOR SCHLOSSER
- of being complicit in sustaining a bogus investigation of my son, Jeremiah Duggan’s death
- of failing to comply with the ruling of the OLG court that ordered her to carry out an investigation with urgency and speed. Seventeen months after the OLG verdict she still has not set up Mutual Aid assistance in order to interview possible suspects and witnesses in France.
I ACCUSE Inspector Schächer
of giving deliberately misleading information in a letter to the authorities in which he stated that there had been a post-mortem when this was a falsification, as no doctor had performed a post mortem on Jeremiah’s body, and thus it was uncertain how the injuries were sustained.
I ACCUSE Inspector Schächer
of deliberately misleading the authorities, by describing Jeremiah’s injuries as if he were a qualified doctor, and in doing so, omitting to mention
- the absence of vehicle contact marks on the body
- the absence of human body impact marks on the vehicles
I ACCUSE Inspector Schächer
of deliberately withholding a document from the prosecutor’s file which quoted a Doctor Paul who certified that Jeremiah was dead at the scene, and who stated that a formal post mortem should be carried out as it was questionable that the body was run over.
I ACCUSE Inspector Schächer
of criminal negligence and deception in that in 2003
- he made no crime investigation of the alleged crash scene
- by telephone he gave the traffic officers who were at the alleged crash scene permission to allow the drivers of the cars, who were alleged to have run Jeremiah over, to leave the scene, and thus failed to interview them or any other material witnesses nor obtain verifiable witness statements.
- he destroyed crucial evidence for which he was responsible, namely Jeremiah’s clothes, which could have demonstrated that he was not hit by a car
- he failed in his duty to restore Jeremiah’s clothes and shoes to me, in spite of my legal right to have these returned to me, and my request for this
- he failed to trace the source of Jeremiah’s phone call to me, in which Jeremiah named the group threatening him
- he failed to investigate whether or not Jeremiah was in the EIR offices belonging to the LaRouche News Agency which are very near to where the body was found.
I ACCUSE THE WIESBADEN OFFICES OF THE PROSECUTION,
through its Prosecutors Brand, Winkelmann, Binoik, Ferse, Schick-Jensen and Schlosser,
of institutional racism, and that in spite of evidence in their possession, going back over thirty years, and in spite of being fully informed that the LaRouche network was a destructive extremist group posing a threat to the individual and a danger to Society (with its targets of hate, the British and the Jews) they have passed this off as ‘not their concern’, and they decline to investigate possible crimes.
I accuse the Federal Republic of Germany
- of being part of the system that fails to provide an unbiased and full investigation into the assault and unlawful killing of my son, Jeremiah Duggan
- of being complicit in and turning a blind eye to the racist attitudes and programmes of the LaRouche Group, which is named in the Encyclopedia Judaica as a major source of masked anti-Semitic theories in the world
As a foreigner in Germany, for eleven years I have been lied to, obstructed and denied my rights by the authorities. Eleven years ago, Jeremiah and I both suffered the loss of his life, and for eleven years we have both suffered the denial of justice in Germany.
In Germany, justice is treated with contempt!
In Germany, Jeremiah Duggan’s human right to a proper investigation into his death has been denied!
Until ALL the perpetrators of crimes are brought to justice, Germany is on trial!
I accuse the German Dept of Justice!
Chancellor Angela Merkel, I Accuse You!
Mother of Jeremiah Duggan
Watch the J’Accuse Video
New hope for Duggan mother as she heads to court
Erica Duggan (Photo: Daniel Easterman)
The mother of a north London student who died under suspicious circumstances in Germany has taken her quest for justice to the British courts.
Erica Duggan has waged an 11-year battle with the German authorities over the fate of her son Jeremiah.The 22-year-old was found dead on the roadside in the town of Wiesbaden in 2003 after attending a youth event organised by Larouche, widely regarded as a cult-like group.
Mrs Duggan has claimed the German police have failed to conduct a proper investigation, destroying evidence and carrying out a cover-up.
This week, at a hearing at North London Coroner’s Court, she broke down in tears as she gave testimony, telling how police had regarded her son’s death as suicide and refused to mount a proper investigation.
Coroner Andrew Walker agreed to grant a formal inquest next year.
Speaking outside the court, Mrs Duggan said: “Our legal system can do what no other court in the world has done — to look into the danger which killed my son.
“German justice has failed. It’s very difficult to think my son’s life was cut short and thrown away without any value. It’s very shocking that this would happen in Germany — they didn’t valued his life and don’t want to look into it.”
Later in the day, Mrs Duggan delivered a letter addressed to Chancellor Angela Merkel to the German embassy in central London. She was accompanied by members of her family and supporters
The document, written in the style of Emile Zola’s J’Accuse article after the Dreyfus case, names German police and prosecution officials who Mrs Duggan has accused of obstructing the investigation.
She drew parallels with the Stephen Lawrence case in Britain, claiming that the German police force was institutionally racist.
She said: “It has been a terrible strain. It has taken away my life for 11 years. It’s affected all of our family and the time I’ve got to spend with them. I resent that.”
In a statement, a spokesman at the German embassy said it could not comment on the case as it was a matter for the German judiciary.
Search this site: